Corporate Social Responsibility
What Is CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility)?
Corporate Social Responsibility aims to ensure that companies conduct their business in a way that is ethical. This means taking account of their social, economic and environmental impact, and consideration of human rights.
Why Is It Necessary?
Since the start of credit hire and accident management companies, some people took advantage of it in an unethical way and earned a lot of money by staging fake accidents. It is still happening and costing millions of pounds to insurance companies. According to the Insurance Fraud Bureau ‘crash for cash’ costs the UK £340m every year. Additionally, millions of pounds are spent on the investigations of such fake claims. Sometimes, fraudsters submit false claims for personal injuries or road accidents when the driver or passengers were not in the car.
Companies like Marigold Services Ltd along with the government insurance companies are working day in and out to point out such false claimants, discourage them and take legal actions against them. We are trying to help people identify such fraudsters and tackle such situations to avoid crash for cash scams. for the same purpose, many Law enforcement authorities are also actively working and are taking serious steps to unveil such frauds. However, we as a claims management company are also trying our best to play our part and investing a lot of money for the inquiry of false claims because it is our social and legal responsibility to save our people.
Things to Remember If Involved in A Crash for Cash Incident
The Following are some important points to be kept in mind if involved in a crash for cash scam:
- Do not negotiate and do not accept the liability at the moment.
- Look around for CCTV cameras to take footages and call the police at once if you feel like the accident has been staged.
- Try to get the police report to support your claim.
- Take pictures of your and other party’s vehicle damages.
- Try to remember the seating position of passengers of other vehicle and notice their injuries.
- Note down all the relevant information about the passengers and vehicle of another party e.g. vehicle number, model, location, date, time, the name of driver and passengers and their contact details.
Try to get the name, number, and address of any eyewitness to support your claim.
Inform your insurer about the incident.
Lastly, you can contact us at the given contact details to get a replacement car for yourself, storage facility, Recovery of your vehicle from the scene of the accident and for any type of relevant claim.
Precautionary Measures for Public Safety
For public awareness and their utmost safety, here are some precautions to avoid being a victim;
- Keep an eye out ahead for possible hazards at all times and look out for erratic, unpredictable drivers. Remember to leave plenty of braking space between you and the car in front.
- Look out for drivers or passengers who seem to be paying attention to the vehicle behind them, it could also be a sign they are planning to cause an accident.
- Do not assume that if a driver flashes their headlights, it’s safe to pull out – use your own judgment and proceed carefully. and don’t put too much faith in another driver’s indicator. Wait until the car actually starts turning to be sure where it is going.
- Speaking of lights is aware that fraudsters often disable their brake lights to make it easier to cause an accident. If you see that the vehicle in front of you is applying brakes but lights are off then you must increase the distance between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you.
- You have to be more attentive while you are at a roundabout or slip road because a majority of fraudsters use these areas to induce an accident.
- Sometimes there can be two cars ahead (both may try to stage an accident by involving your vehicle) and both of them may drive unsteadily. But, you have to maintain a safe distance between your vehicle and the vehicles in front of you.
- Lastly, if you notice that the vehicle in front of you is damaged from the rear then be alert and maintain a safe distance.